A small slice of my real life day job that might be of interest to some of you. I'll be teaching some of the lectures in this class next summer (winter in Uruguay). Does anyone think this may give us some ideas and locales for another novel set in Montevideo?
- Provide background information on the biology and ecology of cyanobacteria
- Understand the environmental factors that cause cyanobacterial blooms.
- Learn different methodologies of monitoring and analysis of cyanotoxins and acquire practical skills to perform simple methods.
- Risk evaluation for different water uses (water source for drinking, recreational use, productive activities, etc.).
- Discuss simple methods for recognizing and risk evaluation of blooms
- Getting together researchers from various disciplines for better understanding and management of the problem.
Total Class Hours: 45 hours
Approval: Attendance at 80% of the activities and a final examination.
Place: Facultad de Ciencias, Facultad de Química, Universidad de la República, Montevideo, Uruguay